- C# .NET Software Developer
- Up to £45,000pa plus Bonus & Benefits
- Remote Working From Anywhere Within The UK
This superb international FinTech corporate with UK offices in the West Midlands and West Yorkshire are seeking a .NET Software Developer to join their skilled R&D team, responsible for programming innovative solutions which will include projects across a variety of solutions in Digital, SaaS/PaaS, DevOps and Cloud, all within a global team.
With the team located across the country, the .NET Software Developer will work fully remotely from anywhere within the UK and will occasionally visit an office for training or core meetings.
The .NET Software Engineer will be working with high volume systems that deal with millions of insurance quotes a day and by using your knowledge and experience of software engineering, you will help the team continue to provide market leading solutions to their global business customers.
Work Will Include:
- Applying data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components
- Advising database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Specifying user/system interfaces and translating logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems. Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Designing, coding, testing, correcting and documenting moderately complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications. Conducting reviews of supplied specifications with others as appropriate.
- Identifying and resolving issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Using application management software and tools to collect performance statistics. Carrying out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Developing a broad understanding of technical publication concepts, tools and methods and the way in which these are implemented. Developing an understanding of development support activities such as information gathering, user task analysis, creating draft documentation, and illustration, and printing and publishing. Works with colleagues and clients to create new sections of technical documentation through all stages of the publication process as support literature.
- Defining the integration build and producing a build definition for generation of the software. Accepting software modules from software developers and produces software builds for loading onto the target hardware from software source code. Configuring the hardware environment, producing integration test specifications, conducting tests and recording details of any failures. Carrying out and reporting fault diagnosis relating to moderately complex problems.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of HNC in relevant subject or equivalent qualifications, plus considerable work experience in a relevant role. OR proven technical experience in own technical specialism.
- Good Knowledge of the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirement definition, design, programming / testing and implementation of major systems.
- Good Experience with the following -
- Visual Studio (Preferably 2022)
- .Net Framework, .Net Core, ASP.Net
- Web services
- Additional knowledge of any of the following would be desirable.
- Experience working with High Volume systems
- AWS or Azure - especially migrating complex applications from On-Prem to the Cloud
- Python - Will have the opportunity to build your Python skills
- XML (schemas, transformation), Json
- Soap or Restful Services
- WCF and ASMX Services
- Azure DevOps
- Test tools - SOAPUI, Postman
- Experience debugging multi-threaded distributed applications.
Interested Candidates seeking a quality company who will give you opportunities for professional development & growth need to apply now!