(Financial Software Engineering)Location:
Manchester (although remote 2-3 days per week)Salary:
up to £100,000 base, plus bonus and strong benefits Company:
Global financial data provider Position summary
This Solution Architect position provides technical design within the Financial Service Solution division responsible for the end to end design and delivery of software focused on financial data management.
The role is responsible for working with the CTO and a global team of Engineers in support of this mission, with additional support from the wider technology organisation. The ideal applicant will have an organised and creative mind-set (thought leader) that drives him or her to find innovative solutions to common problems with the right tool set. They will be passionate about technology and have a self-driven interest to keep up with the latest technology developments and relate them to the current product landscape.The Role
- Assist the CTO in defining the strategic architectural for Financial Services Solutions group
- Facilitate system design and changes in system architecture to meet
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
- Focus on cloud enablement to increase ROI and create new business opportunities
- Track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics of managed products
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
- Mentor team on technology and other work-related aspects.
- Responsibility for quality of all deployed applications and services
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
- Hands on development experience building enterprise software or platforms in a financial environment
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Should have excellent architecture and design skills
- Strong understanding of and ability to apply architectural patterns
- Deep and practical understanding of modern distributed architecture design
- Expert on DBMS technologies (RMDBS, NoSQL, etc)
- Strong background on leveraging cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Focus on Microsoft stack, but knowledgeable on cross-platform tech