Senior Technical Consultant (Security Clearance Required) Location:
On Site (Multiple Locations in South East England)Job type:
£70,000 – £90,000 (Plus bonus and benefits)Industry:
We are working with a national leader in the IT consulting sector. They are an independent firm, that provide both business and technical services to the UK public sector, including departments such as the Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Justice and the National Health Service. They specialise in design, procurement and delivery of digital services and associated business change activities, and they help their clients to determine and resolve management and tech issues and find new opportunities to improve services and performance.
You would be working as a Senior Technical Consultant, in this role you would be given the opportunity to work with high-profile UK public sector and defence organisations, you would be helping clients to gain the maximum benefit from their tech investments whilst simultaneously playing a key role in critical national projects which will make a real positive difference to people’s everyday lives. What you will be doing:
What we need from you:
- Developing strategies for future delivery of ICT services to meet the client’s business needs and in accordance with the Government’s ICT and other strategies.
- Defining end-to-end architectures including Business, Applications, Data and Infrastructure.
- Production of User and Service Requirements Documentation.
- Delivery of key Concept and Assessment Phase products.
- Supporting large ICT procurement, including developing procurement documentation, and evaluation strategies and evaluating bids.
- Providing technical assurance that proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
*** Candidates MUST have or be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position ***
- Enterprise and Technical Architecture development and review using EA frameworks and methods e.g. TOGAF, MODAF.
- Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g. BPMN, UML.
- Software development methods and techniques e.g. Agile methods such as SCRUM.
- Information security policy standards e.g. ISO27001 / ISO27002, Cyber Essentials.
- Programme and Project Management methods e.g. MSP, PRINCE2, DSDM, Scaled Agile Framework.
- Public sector best practice guidance, e.g. ITIL, OGC toolkit.
- Standard methodologies for:
- Systems integration and testing.
- Requirements capture and analysis.
- Feasibility studies and business case development.
- Information systems security.
- Cost modelling and investment appraisal.
- Procurement and Contracting Strategies.