Development Team LeadRole Type:
Hybrid (Watford) Salary:
£90,000 - £100,000 plus Bonus & BenefitsOverview:
Experienced Team Lead required on a permanent basis to join an expanding team in a highly collaborative company where every employee forms an integral part of the organisation.
We are searching for a candidate with a proven track record of technical leadership and who advocates clean, tested, scalable code. You’ll be joining a high-performing and welcoming team working in the exciting and fast-paced online gambling sector. You will be responsible for your team's planning, execution, delivery, monitoring and maintenance of your product area all while following best practices and company standards.
You’ll be taking on a leadership position within an established technical team and reporting directly to the Head of Technology. You will be working in a highly focused yet friendly development function, leading a team of 5-6 developers. You will have a high level of ownership and be responsible for driving the technical strategy of your product areas, whilst delivering on the commercial goals of the product. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead planning from the outset of projects by participating in requirements gathering and ensuring the team proposes appropriate technical designs, with accurate estimates for deliverables and managing team schedule accordingly.
- Manage risks and exceptions to the delivery by communicating them to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner
- Execute technical solutions in accordance with the company’s and industries established standards and best practices and ensure solutions are fit for purpose in the context of complex, high-throughput / high-availability system
- Engage with and motivate the team to deliver agreed outcomes on time
- Manage and ensure the team has visibility into their system with appropriate monitoring and alarming
- Foster a proactive environment where the team is equipped to respond and resolve production issues as they arise
- Work actively to grow the competencies of your the team through identifying each individual’s needs and providing support through setting up mentoring, pairing teammates etc. to enable skills and knowledge transfer
- Identify gaps within your team’s skills, process and technology and activity working to close them, escalating where appropriate to resolve
- Software development background in PHP (ideally 3+ yrs in senior or architect level role & 2+ yrs in a leadership role)
- Commercial use of a modern PHP development frameworks (Laravel / Symfony)
- Significant database experience, ideally MySQL
- Hands-on experience with a range of different data storage paradigms (e.g. RDMS + Document + KV Stores)
- Excellent understanding of SOLID principles and design patterns
- Excellent practical experience of docker
- Excellent experience of SCM branching strategies
- Hands-on experience with one or more DevOps tooling platforms