DevOps is a key position within the Technology, Infrastructure, and Operations group. The incumbent in this role will play a critical part in developing a Centre of Excellence responsible for delivering shared solutions for infrastructure operations across our estate. To fill this role successfully, the candidate will need a strong background in cloud technologies, DevOps, and infrastructure automation, as well as a deep understanding of a broad set of modern scripting and OO programming languages. AWS skills are a plus.
In addition to the technical skills required in this position, a well-developed sense for working with people is important. As a member of the DevOps team, you’ll be working with a broad swathe of contributors across the Technology organization.
• Ensure optimal construction and implementation of CI/CD pipelines.
o Build automation supporting the effective management and consumption of cloud resources
o Design and author soft infrastructure assets using IaC best practices
• Collaborate effectively within agile dev squads delivering continuous improvements in customer outcomes.
• Provide effective solutions through the applied integration of infrastructure, software, and software delivery best practices
• Operate and maintain software systems across the full breadth of the SDLC
• 5+ years DevOps experience in large, multi-product environments
• 5+ years using modern scripting and OO programming languages as a contributing member within an agile dev squad
• 3+ years authoring CI/CD pipelines, automation elements related to infrastructure composition, deployment orchestration, and monitoring
• 3+ years leading people
Nice to Haves:
• Experience in AWS Architecture ideally with an accreditation
• Experience using Terraform as an AWS automation technology
• Experience deploying configuration management via Puppet
• Comfortable presenting and communicating ideas to key stakeholders and engineers alike
• Experience of cloud migration activities either Public or Private
• Hands on experience of implementing infrastructure and service based monitoring solutions
• A good understanding of the security controls required to host applications and services in the cloud
• A good understanding of release management techniques within a cloud hosted environment
• Source code version control systems, e.g. GitHub