- 3rd Line Senior IT Infrastructure and Network Engineer
- £20 - £25 per hour PAYE
- Initial 3 month temporary contract starting immediately
- Role based in Epsom
Line Senior Infrastructure and Network Engineer is required for a leading, award winning company who are going through rapid expansion due to business success and investment, so now is a great time to join. They have brand new very modern offices within walking distance to Epsom train station, so they are ideally located. A point to note is they do not have parking on-site.
The purpose of the role is providing 3rd
line support to a fast paced and technically challenging environment. The Sr. Implementation Engineer will be an integral member of the core IT Infrastructure team and will have the opportunity to maintain and expand on a number of systems. Duties will include:
Skills and experience required:
- Liaise with the senior infrastructure engineers for supporting, installation of new hardware.
- The candidate will be responsible for supporting the company infrastructure across all aspects of the IT Network, Firewall, services, monitoring and capacity planning.
- Provide support to assigned IT infrastructure projects and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver large projects.
- Deliver new projects and/or refine existing network capabilities as per design and against standards.
- Automate network tasks through scripting and the use of platform APIs; enable self-service for common requests, execution of periodic operational activities and validation of standards, etc
- Supporting the development team with the configuration and maintenance of the CICD Pipeline.
- Responsible for the design, engineering, operation and security of the network infrastructure.
- Risk identification and mitigation planning
- Ensure the technical designs achieve the intended business objectives in line with the technical requirements defined and scoped.
- Responsible for the creation and management of the company network diagrams
- Assist the IT Manager in the enforcement and regular monitoring of the Information security policies, procedures and disaster recovery
- By agreement with the CIO or the IT Manager, work outside of standard office hours to minimise adverse business impact when instigating IT changes or performing planned activities or to support the business/services in emergency situations.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Proven IT Infrastructure, Network Support experience: previous experience of 3-5 years in 3rd line infrastructure & network support role
- Expert level knowledge of best practises and design of enterprise network, security and cloud architectures covering WAN, LAN, Wireless, Internet, Network Security, Azure and Network Monitoring.
- Extensive experience with AWS/Azure services and solution is expected
- Experience with Microsoft HyperV and ESXI.
- Very good knowledge of security threat management concepts and technologies, including AMP, IDS & IPS.
- Ability to communicate infrastructure issues related to websites, internal systems, application and network to Senior Engineers & Vendors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Group Policies, Data Centre Management, Win Server 2008r2 and above.
- Candidate should have up to date certifications around network, infrastructure or security (i.e. Microsoft MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Cisco CCNA OR CCNP etc)