Technical Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the management and timely delivery of a range of technical infrastructure projects supporting Server, Networking, Database and Devops teams for this cutting edge global organisation.
You will be a key member of a relatively small but highly technical team working in a fast and ever evolving environment and responsible for managing the concurrent delivery of project work requests including new customer data centre installations worldwide, internal infrastructure changes, customer change requests, software development updates and product releases.
- Gather project requirements, plan, resource appropriately, track and co-ordinate the delivery of a wide range of projects for the department as the PM responsible for the full project lifecycle.
- Liaise with Product Project Managers and assist in delivery of technical aspects of new product rollouts.
- Understanding the deliverables and time frames that need to be achieved.
- Managing customer and stakeholder expectations by engaging with all areas of the business.
- Maintaining a live plan that shows works streams and dependencies for technical teams involved in any given project.
- Programme manage the departmental roadmap for all of to ensure projects are prioritised and carried out in a controlled and professional manner and are aligned to the business strategy.
- Budget management by developing plans to deliver projects to fixed time, cost and quality whilst tracking actual vs. forecast costs.
- Manage the available resource from teams of System Administrators, Network Engineers, Database Administrators and third-party suppliers to deliver project and business as usual priorities.
- Ensuring projects are signed off upon completion and handed over to the relevant teams for operational running.
- Reporting to the Exec on project/programme progress and highlighting critical areas of risk.
- Enforce and refine project processes and review documents and procedures.
Essential skills required;
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Project Manager managing multiple work streams across multiple projects.
- Ability to capture or interpret technical notes/conversations into cohesive documentation/actions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and adapt according to business requirements.
- Proactive approach to motivating and influencing people as necessary to ensure that we deliver on our commitments.
- Prince 2 - Desirable.
- A general interest or background in applications and the infrastructure that supports them.
- Familiarity with JIRA.