Are you passionate about Network Engineering?
We are just as passionate to speak to you.
We here at Jenrick IT are currently collaborating with a market leading globally recognised retail company who are looking to expand their staff within their London office and hire a highly experienced Network Engineer. The environment is dynamic and financially rewarding. This opportunity has gained a lot of interest already with some interviews already taken place.
Do you have 5+ years development experience?
As the Network Engineer you will be tasked with the design and implementation of the network infrastructure. You will need to demonstrate being having an understanding of working alongside and within a strong unit of Engineers. We need you to take the initiative and demonstrate your own skills as well as being open to learn new technologies.
Do you want to be part of this ever growing company?
A passionate and driven developer is desired with knowledge of the retail sector to join this ever rapidly growing company.
Purpose of the role Design, build, deploy and maintain a wide range of IT infrastructure technologies. Provide support for escalaour clients end user issues in a 3rd line capacity. Take ownership of relevant systems administration issues across the estate. Build and maintain meaningful & productive relationships with the rest of the IT group including the leadership team, as well as senior stakeholders in the organisation.
• Build and operate Our clients’s IT systems including Cisco (routing, switching, security), Virtualisation (VMWare, Citrix, AWS), Windows (AD domain, SCCM), Office 365, Teams, Fortinet, and Storage (EMC, Panzura, S3).
• Demonstrate engineering level knowledge of Networking systems (Routing/BGP/VPNs), Windows Server, HP ProLiant servers & blades, Storage Area Networks, fibre channel, LANs and WANs.
• Represent Technical Delivery in projects led by other IT teams, and support relevant IT projects
• Be an expert on the core technologies in use at Our client, and have some exposure to other technologies
• Organise, standardise and “procedurealise” common IT tasks to a level where more junior IT administrators can support IT activities and respond to incidents outside of office hours and on a global basis
• Be part of incident response / war room team, support changes and project implementations sometimes at unsociable hours
• Respond to alerts for critical infrastructure sometimes out of hours
• Create and maintain detailed documentation
• Be part of a small and developing systems administration team. Bring maturity and experience
• Lead a culture of quality, documentation, planning and communication • Guide and mentor more junior or inexperienced IT team members
• Fully engage in the evolution of the IT Technical Delivery team into a mature, structured and well organised group of IT professionals.
• Visibly support the IT mission/strategy, overall IT vision and Our clients’s long term plans • Liaise with vendors and partners that provide Our clients with IT services, such as managed hosting, backup et cetera to ensure Our clients’s systems perform and are available within agreed SLA’s
• Work with other technical staff on a global basis
• Be responsible for technical environments such as data centres and comms rooms in offices • Manage and maintain data centre based VMWare environments
• Work with vendors to manage a large multi site retail WAN and global network
• previous experience in Cisco, Meraki, VMWare, Citrix, & Microsoft
• Experience in managing oneself to deliver an agreed set of outcomes/results,
• CCNP/CCNA, VCP, MCSA/MCSE, AWS, Citrix CCA/CCP qualifications beneficial
• Excellent writing and documentation skills.
• Experience in developing and following policy and processes
• Excellent oral and presentation skills,
• Always puts Quality first and is able to consistently deliver quality results even when under pressure
• Significant hands on technical experience in several technologies in use at Our clients
• Not afraid to accept responsibility
• Understands ITIL change management and is used to working in a controlled environment
• Exposure to/knowledge of any of the following will be beneficial: PCI DSS, ITILv3, ISO27001.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Punctual, articulate, numerate and literate. A true IT Professional.
• Tenacious yet patient approach, does not accept the status quo or “the way it’s always been done.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Can we be of help towards your next career move?