- Scrum Master
- £340 per day
- 20 week contract
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain’s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a Scrum Master.
As a Scrum Master, you will be a proactive, flexible and adaptable. You will be quick to understand the culture and the delivery process to support our teams. As an evangelist, you will be able to communicate the value of agile and demonstrate techniques to gain the confidence of the wider team senior business stakeholders. Your leadership, attention to detail, and commitment will support the wider adoption of agile practices to support project delivery across multiple work-streams and more broadly across the delivery function. Skills & requirements Job Requirements
Key Duties / Responsibilities
Qualifications & Education
- Establish Scrum theory, practices and rules into project/delivery teams.
- Manage stakeholder interactions to maximize the value created by the team.
- Assist project manager/business analyst to manage the backlog effectively.
- Successful delivery of the work, removing impediments and escalating where necessary.
- Facilitate Scrum events as requested or needed.
- Coach and develop the team to self-organise and work cross-functionally.
- Review, evolve and formalise operational environment for Scrum that works for maturity level.
- Continuously improve evolving practices to reach best practice where not fully adopted or understood.
- Lead and coach the organisation in its Scrum adoption.
- Establish common patterns for using Agile tools to track and report progress/velocity.
- Facilitate planning and estimation within project teams.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Scrum Master certification
Skills & Experience
- Extensive track record of performing a Scrum Master role.
- Strong analytical as well as verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Skills in influencing and negotiation methods and techniques.
- A good understanding of available and emerging IT technologies.
- An ability to understand how the IT technology supports our customers.
- Capable of dealing with conflicting priorities between different specialist groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels within the organisation, which includes senior management, operations personnel and customers.
- Project Management track record in Lean/Agile environments.
- Experience of experience of Scrum/Agile project management / reporting.
- Experience of using planning and reporting tools (MS Project, JIRA).
- Experience of facilitating workshops, leading discovery with cross functional team.
- Experience of release/iteration planning