QA Release and Test Lead required for a global publishing company in Kidlington. We are seeking a strong QA Release and Test Lead to back up and support our QA Manager. You must have solid experience in testing and release management of technical agile projects.
This project is refreshing underlying technology, currently built on WebSphere with a cloud based solution based on JBOSS, Activiti and Fuse. The primary purpose of the application is to manage the enrichment, storage and distribution of metadata associated with scientific, medical and engineering journals in the form of Citation abstract references and indexes records (CARS).
The project is in flight and will run until the end of the year. This is an intial 3 month contract paying up to £500 per day depending on experience.
Key Responsibilities include however are not limited to -
• Work with the QA Manager to ensure that the updated application is comprehensively tested and releases are carefully managed to achieve smooth and problem free deployments into production.
• Lead the release management activities, working with the Project Manager, QA Manager and associated IT and business groups.
• Take ownership of key areas of the testing of the non-functional requirements (performance, stress, resilience, load etc), advise on tools and third party requirements as assigned by the QA Lead
• Co-ordination of Post go live support and issue resolution
• Assist in:
o Working with the development teams and overseeing the approach and discipline for unit testing, test driven development and agile quality practices
o Setting up and leading the User Acceptance Testing for releases
o Working with the Product Owners and Business Analysts to ensure stories are high quality and have clear and testable acceptance criteria
o Training new testers and setting up a systematic coaching framework
• Work with the Product Owner to help them understand their QA responsibilities
• Degree or combination of relevant education and experience
• Solid experience of automated testing and release management
• Good experience of setting up and running non-functional testing – performance, data quality, security etc
• Good understanding of the agile principles, iterative development and the software development lifecycle.
• Tools & techniques for the practical application of automated testing, non-functional testing, and QA
• Minimum of 5 years experience of software development projects
• Familiar with the Java development stack and AWS based systems
• Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with technical development, staff, business stakeholders and third parties
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Jira administration
• TDD and BDD
• Automated testing
• Performance and load testing tools and practices
• Technical background with Java knowledge, Activiti, JBoss, cloud based systems