IT Change & Configuration Manager required for a fast paced organisation in West Sussex. This is a permanent role, paying a competitive salary up to £70,000 (dependant upon experience) and excellent benefits. Role overview
Reporting to the IT Operations Centre Manager this position will take a senior role and manage change to the service infrastructure including service assets, configuration items and associated documentation, be it via request for change (RFC), emergency changes, incidents and problems, so providing effective control and mitigation of risk to the availability, performance, security and compliance.
You will also manage the processes, systems and functions and team to package, build, test and deploy changes and updates which are bounded as ’releases’ into the ‘production’ environment establishing or continuing the specified service to enable controlled and effective handover to operations and the user community. Principal accountabilities
- Lead the Change and Configuration team effectively, identifying areas of improvement
- Own and Manage the Change and Configuration function ensuring that great customer service is maintained at all times and production environments are protected.
- Accountable for the team to maintain the CMDB and IT Asset Register
- Ensure SLA’s are met for internal and external customers
- Monitors and manages performance of Configuration and Asset Management.
- Responsible for the change, release, configuration and asset management disciplines..
- Responsible for ensuring that changes are properly assessed, approved and released successfully into the live IT environment based on the ITIL principles.
- Manages the research and development of tools, processes and techniques.
- Plans and oversees the end to end processes for successful roll-out of new and changed software and associated hardware.
- Responsible for the budget forecasting and allocation across the desktop estate.
Qualifications and experience
- Proficient in the control and management of IT assets (or configuration items) including hardware, software, documentation, services, suppliers and network facilities by the use and application of strict change management and recording
- Proficient in knowledge of the IT (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) used within the organization
- Broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of change and release management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services.
- Strong process management and control skills
- Excellent customer service awareness focus
- Expert methods and techniques for risk management, business impact analysis, countermeasures and contingency arrangements relating to the serious disruption of IT services
- General awareness of the nature of business-critical incidents, and of their implications for the business
Framework and Boundaries
- Experience of managing teams in large campus based organisations with a large MPLS network infrastructure
- Experience of the aviation industry and aviation solutions is preferable
- Understanding of complex and highly integrated IT environments
- Budget management and control experience
- ITILv3 Foundation and/or ITILv3 Service Operation qualifications preferable
- Great customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- The role will have 3 to 4 direct reports at team leader / shift supervisor level and will carry responsibility for all staff on shift.
- The role carries the responsibility for managing the IT costs of the IT Operations Centre
- The role will contribute to the overall IT strategy and will play an integral role in the Service Transition Processes
- The role will be expected to interact with all departments
- Budget responsibility of up to £10m