Field Support Engineer - Global Events company
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading event planning organisation which have offices located worldwide. Based out of the Watford location, we are looking for a Field Support Engineer to work closely with the Client Service Managers and General Manager to provide technical and customer support to the event organisers and their exhibitors on our cutting edge ticketing solutions.
You will provide technical support to an allocated client base not only during the set up for the shows, but consistently throughout the year. Although this is based out of a UK office, you will have the opportunity to work in the field around 60% of the time at a range of event locations such as the NEC, Excel and Olympia. Possible locations include Dubai and Las Vegas.
You will be involved in providing feedback for reoccurring issues on the in house tool used, and progress this onto development for fixing in the next release. This Support Engineer role would be working alongside a team of 7 or 8 other field engineers who will be assigned to an exhibit, to get not only involved with pre-set up, but also post support of the event.
Any additional experience in overseeing training or projects of large software installations e.g. EPOS, SaaS etc. would be highly desireable.
We are looking for junior to mid level field Support Engineers looking to develop and progress.Key Responsibilities:
Skills and experience required:
- Working closely with the Client Service Managers and General Manager to understand the scope and requirements of the Events to manage and support.
- Plan and deliver client requirements.
- Travel around 60% of the time to support events from a technical perspective.
- Provide comprehensive, clear, support to event organisers and their exhibitors, by phone, email and face to face on site.
- Feedback commonly reoccurring issues to development for fixing in next release.
- Support the client in back office use of the system.
- Experience within the events and exhibition industry, while desirable, is not essential.
- Good with customers both face to face and on the phone.
- Willingness to travel UK wide around 60% of the time to manage technical support side of events. There will be Global travel also, although majority is nationwide.
- Technical mindset / problem solver – (Application support background is desirable but not essential.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- 2 years minimum experience as a Client support engineer, Field Support Engineer or similar would be desirable.
More details available upon application.