We are working with a global publishing firm who are currently looking for an EUC Windows Engineer to join them on an interim assignment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a major Networking and End User Computing (EUC) transformation programme and shifting from on-premise infrastructure to commodity cloud based services. , you will participate in a team of expert engineers and execute against a global strategy to deliver a flexible and dynamic workplace experience, enabling our people to access services from any device, anywhere. This role requires an individual with a background in engineering and good experience of End User Computing technology.
The team is responsible for creating and implementing low-level designs in alignment with architecture principles and standards. This particular role is focused on the implementation and maintenance of a Windows 10 build, as well as application deployment. This will include creation and management of a business pilot to assess suitability and address any issues encountered.
• Significant experience engineering EUC technologies.
• Excellent technical skills and experience gained from working within complex Desktop, Mobile and Application infrastructure projects. You must be able to demonstrate skills designing and delivering large scale migrations together with the methodologies and techniques needed to manage a geographically disparate user base.
• Demonstrable experience in translating high level technical architectures and service design requirements into a clear and coherent low-level designs.
• Experience in the automation of manual tasks and seeking out efficiencies by ‘shifting left’ where possible, for example the automation of Desktop provisioning and Application deployment, including end user self-service.
• Good understanding of security best practices, particularly in relation to software patching, data leakage prevention and encryption.
• Experience of working in a geographically dispersed, international organization.
• Being an innovative and positive team player with excellent communication and service skills, confident in communicating technical issues and managing the demands of non IT staff and senior stakeholders.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team on given tasks to agreed deadlines.
• An eye for detail and ability to document designs, proposals, business cases and presentations tailored appropriately for different audiences.
• Expert knowledge of creating and maintaining a global desktop build using MDT.
• Expert knowledge of deploying desktop OS builds (in particular Windows 10) through SCCM task sequences.
• Expert knowledge of OS patching best practices.
• Expert knowledge of delivering applications using various deployment methods, including SCCM and virtualisation tools such as App-v. This includes application lifecycle management from initial assessment through to retirement.
• Strong application packaging skills to ensure application versions are kept up to date.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services and Group Policies as they relate to end user devices and applications.
• Good knowledge of tracking assets using SCCM.
• Strong skills in Windows network protocols including DNS, DHCP, WINS, LDAP and Kerberos.
• Advanced knowledge of PowerShell to automate complex and repetitive operations.
• Good knowledge of Office 365 and collaboration tools in a global organisation.
• Good knowledge of monitoring tools such as System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
More details available on successful application.