Daily paying agency are seeking an experienced Content Engineer for our client, who are a leading publishing company in Surrey. You will join its successful web fabrication team, publishing content onto the web. You will be responsible for creating new publications, using in-house tools and XML based technologies. This is an exciting role and an opportunity to learn more about modern internet publishing, as well as develop skills in XML technologies.
• Working within strict deadlines to ensure that release dates are met, functionality is enabled and updates go out on time
• Liaising with suppliers and editors, both in-house and third party, to ensure the timely and quality-driven delivery of data for electronic publication.
• Assessing the status and usability of a large number of data sources and providing content analysis information to our technical teams.
• Creating new publications using XML, XSLT and Python.
• Membership of a large global project team, with daily interactions with Editors, Project Managers, Content Architects, and Fabrication Teams.
Essential Attributes for the role:
• Must have an interest in the web and internet technologies.
• XSLT 1.0 skills essential; XSLT 2.0 skills a strong advantage.
• Good communication skills and interpersonal skills as will be required to work with members of staff outside of their own department.
• Efficient organisational and administrative skills.
• Initiative and a willingness to learn.
• Good problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work as part of a project team and work independently and manage one’s time and work.
• Good IT skills, with proven XML knowledge.
• Good understanding of languages and tools used for processing XML, especially XSLT and Schematron and their appropriate applications.
• Practical experience of converting XML to multiple formats such as Word and PDF – preferred.
Preferable Attributes for the role, however not essential:
• Familiarity with: regression, UAT and QA testing processes and applications, such as XSPEC, JUNIT, XML differencing and Jenkins.
• Knowledge of online publishing and supporting online functionality through mark-up.
• Exposure to/understanding of MarkLogic.
• Python/Xquery skills preferable, but not essential.
• Practical experience of converting XML to multiple formats such as Word and PDF.
• Understanding of Project and Code Management program MS TFS.
Excellent long term contract opportunity in Surrey, offering a competitive rate. If you have the skills then please apply today.