Communications Content Manager - Global blue chip organisation
£350 - £400pd - Reading
With Operations across 40 countries in Europe, over 10,000 employees, 152 production facilities
and over £2bn revenue, this global blue chip firm are a digital e-commerce enterprise looking to continue their huge digital transformation.
The communications function within the organisation is a key contributor to the successful transformation journey the IT department is leading. The Content Manager is accountable for creating engaging online and offline communications to support the understanding of the strategy, role and direction by all audiences across IT and the wider Group, as well as contributing to the strategic development of the overall departmental comms strategy.
The Content Manager will work closely with the Communications Manager to produce communications across all channels, is accountable for the delivery of a quarterly editorial plan and driving successful outcomes via other activities that promote the sharing of information, knowledge and collaboration.Organisational context
This role reports into the Director of Change and Communications and requires a high level of interaction with stakeholders and other members of the leadership team, the CIO and project leads. The job holder will also collaborate with the Communications Manager to ensure the successful definition and delivery of the IT strategy. Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Support the Director of Change and Communications where needed
- Own and produce monthly updates, people announcements, and other regular communications
- Lead the coordination and delivery of management events and associated collateral, such as Town Halls, conference speeches, offsites
- Produce articles and presentations for external communication purposes
- Drafting and designing ad hoc editorial requests
- Drive the creation of digital comms where appropriate, incl. Video
- Channel management: ensure content is disseminated appropriately across relevant channels and to the right audiences
- Develop content governance and content processes and procedures and ensure these are adhered to.
- Contribute to the definition of KPIS and message measurement
- Build strong relationships with Group Communications teams and ensure alignment of IT content
- Be the brand ambassador within IT
- Run communications training sessions with colleagues
- Journalistic background an advantage
- Experience leading communications activities within a large multinational environment
- High level of comfort working at pace in a fast changing environment
- Significant experience in producing high-quality content across online and offline channels
- Must be able to work under pressure and produce content to tight timelines
- Multicultural acumen
- Excellent understanding of, and interest in, social media, technology, and the impact they have on communication and collaboration
- Ability to self-manage, prioritising a variety of tasks
- Excellent planning skills
- Credible stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Event design and management
More details available upon collection.