This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading event planning organisation which have offices located worldwide. Based out of the Watford location, we are looking for a Field Support Engineer to work closely with the Client Service Managers and General manager to provide technical and customer support to the event organisers and their exhibitors.
You will provide technical support to an allocated client base not only during the set up for the shows, but consistently throughout the year. Although this is based out of a UK office, you will have the opportunity to work on site potentially a few times a month on location either at a UK event location or overseas. Possible locations include Dubai and Las Vegas.
You will be involved in providing feedback for reoccurring issues on the in house tool used, and progress this onto development for fixing in the next release. This Support Engineer role would be working alongside a team of 7 or 8 other field engineers who will be assigned to an exhibit, to get not only involved with pre-set up, but also post support of the event.
We are looking for graduates who are interested in gaining more exposure in support and building a solid career with this great opportunity, or mid-senior level support engineers looking to develop and progress.Key Responsibilities:
Skills and experience required:
- Working closely with the Client Service Managers and General Manager to understand the scope and requirements of the Events.
- Plan and deliver client requirements.
- Support the production and office manager where required.
- Provide comprehensive, clear, support to event organisers and their exhibitors, by phone, email and face to face on site.
- Feedback commonly reoccurring issues to development for fixing in next release.
- Feedback client requested improvements for the development Roadmap.
- Pre-show data management and set up.
- To complete data cleansing and post show IT support as required.
- Assist in collating FAQ’s to ensure documentation is up to date and relevant and to be available to the CSM team to ensure knowledge is shared.
- Provide technical and customer support.
- Input and support the Client Service Manager at client update meetings when required.
- Support the client in back office use of the system.
- Monitor progress and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Develop and implement ideas for constantly improving delivery and deliverables to all clients.
- Experience within the events and exhibition industry, while desirable, is not essential.
- Experience working with SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Application support background is desireable but not essential.
- Experience working in a similar role/at a similar level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Multilingual applications are desirable.
- 2 years minimum experience as a Support Engineer or similar.
- SaaS and Application support