Maintenance Engineer – Electrical biased
An opportunity has arisen to join a fmcg company to work as an experienced Maintenance Shift Engineer based in the Luton area.
- The Maintenance Engineer / Shift Technician Electrical biased will provide corrective maintenance tasks and troubleshooting for both reactive and preventative faults .
- Carry out day to day maintenance, strip downs, rebuilds, planned preventative maintenance on automated food and packaging machinery
Be responsible for changing belts, bearings, gear boxes, motors, contacts, sensors, switches and relays.
- Ensure all items of automation machinery are running efficiently and safety through both electrical, mechanical and multi skilled maintenance.
- Carry out fault diagnosis electrical & mechanical and repairs.
- PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance)
- Optimise machinery availability to meet all operational demands
-To control the machines and installations.
-Monitoring the correct use of assets and practice from the safety instructions
- You will be accountable for providing a fast and efferent response time to any breakdowns that occur, provide routing service maintenance across the site whilst ensuring all the company procedures and standards are followed.
- Identify learning's from tasks undertake that will improve on breakdown recovery and minimise machine downtime.
- A Major part of this role is to have the ability to implement continuous improvement activities across the board in order for the site to run at its maximum efficiency.
- As the Successful candidate will have completed an Apprenticeship. HNC.HND/ NVQ or equivalent in Electrical engineering OR if Mechanical have electrical qualifications or conversion course
- A high standard of electrical knowledge will be required for this position to support the current engineering team.
- You experience can be gained from any warehouse, distribution, food , FMCG , automotive , plastics or general production background .
- You will need basic PLC fault finding skills , open to makes.
- This position will be suitable for a dynamic, highly organized, team player looking to join a well established leader in the automation sector.
This Role will suit a Resident Engineer , Maintenance Technician, Electrical / Mechanical Engineering technician looking to join a company offering excellent career opportunity and rewarding benefits.
6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm / 8am - 4pm
£33,000 - £37,000
Please Apply Below