Lead Engineer or Maintenance Team Leader Northamptonshire £48,000 - £55,000
Days Monday - Friday
A fantastic opportunity for a Lead Engineer or Maintenance Team Leader required to join a FMCG/ food manufacturer in the Oxfordshire area.
The primary function of this Lead Engineer role is to lead the planned maintenance through strategy and structured planning of maintenance. The secondary function of this role is to lead the day to day maintenance activities and co-ordinate breakdown support to enable the production team to meet production needs as well as contributing to budgets.
As the successful Lead Engineer or Maintenance Team Leader you will be responsible for:
- Managing the departments' day to day operation and work within a Health and Safety driven culture and to effectively organise and co-ordinate the daily activities of the Shift Maintenance Engineers
- Lead, manage and develop the engineering team including performance management, development and appraisal.
- Work closely with the engineering team and the production team to develop a dynamic and positive attitude to the challenges of a busy production department
- Own and manage the site engineering budget
- Respond promptly to breakdowns and give feedback to production regarding expected downtime and planned corrective action
- Able to manage a team of engineers and contractors in a fast paced food production environment.
- Planning of Maintenance Schedule.
- Support the Shift Engineers through effective coaching to enable the machines to run effectively.
- Ensure effective, open communication between Maintenance and Production shifts
- Develop and drive a 'right first time' and 'continuous improvement' culture within the Engineering Team.
As the successful Lead Engineer you will ideally have experience in a fast paced environment (FMCG), food environment is advantageous but not essential.
You will have completed either a Mechanical or Electrical apprenticeship, and hold any of the following core engineering qualifications: City & Guilds, HNC, HND, ONC, OND, BTEC and NVQ's or a proven track working record or qualified by experience. You will also have strong communication and man management skills.
For further information or to apply for this position please contact Carmel Curley by clicking on the Apply button