- Web API Developer - Mulesoft
- Up to £375 per day
- 3 month initial contract – likely to extend
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain’s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a Web API Developer - Mulesoft.
Do you have a passion building highly performant, flexible and reusable web applications and understand the value of exposing `everything` as APIs?
Would you like to help us enrich our APIs, de-couple components while enabling integration across applications?
Do you think about the users and consumers, over the technology and features?
We are hiring talented and creative web technologists / Web Developers to support developing new customer-facing line-of-business web applications backed by web APIs in Mulesoft.
As a Web API Developer you would be joining a technical team and would focus on the implementation of Web APIs, but you may also work on other parts of the stack, including front-end and back-end, so pragmatism and flexibility are important. We are seeking talented engineers with:
- Demonstrable experience writing and maintaining RESTful APIs. Experience with other standards is desirable
- Experience with Mulesoft or other API management platforms – Apigee, Azure API, Amazon EC2, Lambda or WSO2
- An ability to develop both the front end and back end services. Experience with modern web development frameworks. ReactJS is desirable
- Experienced working in small high-performing, self-starting team aligned to non-technical product owners
- You will be implementing and supporting highly scalable web APIs and assisting others in consuming these on front-end and back-end systems
- You will contribute to defining and setting optimal standards and patterns
- You will help define and / or interpret requirements and implement them as technical solutions
- You will influencing the design of technical features as performant microservices
- Understand and articulate the team`s point of view in broader context
- Back end application and API development experience ideally in Java / SpringBoot / Mulesoft
- Good understanding of APIs, how to effective build and run
- Understand of factors that could influencing performance of application and microservices
- You build tested code, which operates within our CI/CD pipeline (Git / GitFlow, Jenkins, Selenium)
- Experience with front-End frameworks and how to use them
- Experience with cache technology (Memcached, Redis)
- Solid understanding of coding standards and guidelines for various languages and a desire to craft beautiful code
- Able to independently translate designs (e.g. wireframes, mockups, and requirements documents) to engineering teams
- Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important, and how technology can be used in the process to explore possibilities. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source
- Translates user-centered design requirements into technical implementations for projects