**Fantastic Opportunity for a Senior HR Business Partner to join a leading Blue Chip organisation on a permanent basis**Company Info
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.Department Info
Our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.Job Duties
- Reporting into the HR Director and based in our General Insurance Division, you will work closely with the exec leadership teams for your areas including the CEO of our GI Business and the MD of the Partnerships Business to develop, influence, lead and deliver the ‘people and organisation plan’. You will ensure that HR services are delivered to the business area whilst maintaining an independent organisational-wide corporate perspective. You will lead on strategic HR initiatives and project implementations for the Business.
- Provide proactive support and challenge to the leadership teams on all aspects of people and organisation development and contribute to the business plan.
- Drive the development and implementation of the overall People Plan, through active participation and by leading people programme projects when appropriate/necessary.
- Build a framework and metrics for the business to ensure that transformation programmes involving people and organisational design improve the efficiency and effectiveness of individual business units.
- Provide guidance and cost effective HR solutions to the business on employee engagement, organisational development, re-organisations, talent and succession management, learning & development, performance management and resource planning.
- Drive and support the organisation wide focus on talent management and development, including the facilitation of the relevant business areas talent and succession planning activity.
- Support the annual cycle of people activity, including pay review; performance calibration and employee survey.
- Ensure that HR solutions within the business represent an appropriate balance between external market practice and internal policy and practice.
- With the support of the Reward Centre of Excellence, develop and implement appropriate reward strategies for the relevant business areas.
- Ensure Employee Relations* within the Business Unit and work closely with Unite, local reps and managers to champion and demonstrate working in partnership and its benefits.
- Manage and provide direction to an HR Business Partner and Communications and Engagement Consultant.
Experience of leading organisational change with a focus on business re-organisation
Understanding and practical application of project management techniques
Influencing senior leadership teams on HR matters and linking this to business strategy.
Experience of providing effective HR partnership to support the business with an awareness of the different challenges that are faced.
Development of HR strategy, planning and the subsequent implementation.
Experience of a range of organisational development techniques to drive engagement, business performance and culture change.
Capability to source, gather, analyse and interpret business focused HR data to enable effective decision making.
Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
Essential experience in and understanding of employment law, generic HR policies and procedures.
Understanding of TUPE and experience of the people aspects of mergers and acquisition.
Understanding of people development methodologies and current best practice
Experience of working in a matrix organisation is required.
Financial Services industry experience is desirable.
CIPD or management qualification preferredBenefits
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, an annual supplement for private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a cash car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.