As a skilled Procurement Category Manager for Facilities Management and the associated sub categories, you will be able to demonstrate success in delivering top quality procurement services within corporate environments -ideally multi site & preferably, multi region organisations.
This contract role is a new position within a fast paced organisation which has arisen to strengthen the procurement function due to business need & expansion. There is the potential to ultimately join the business as a permanent employee upon completion of the initial contract, should all parties want to, although this is not a prerequisite.
As the Procurement Category Manager (Facilities), you will lead in category management and sourcing that delivers on key aspects of Cost, Service and Capability, whilst being part of and delivering to an internal Procurement transformation programme.Accountabilities
You will be support the procurement category strategy and planning for your category group (Property) and associated sub-categories in response to business needs across the business (potentially in all regions EMEA, NA & APAC).
You will develop and implement category plans, including crafting sourcing plans and sourcing delivery that maximises delivery of benefits; this may include using global supply capability for global consumption and/or localising services for the company.
- Support development and refresh of sourcing project pipelines aligned to business and category group customer/client objectives to drive value and benefits.
- Achieve material cost reduction targets, and assist with ongoing identification, reporting and monitoring of benefits is one of your main objectives.
- Initiate RFP process and associated activities aligned to category and sourcing plans. You will lead supplier mediation and problem resolution e.g. service and contract disputes, working together with customers and partners, bringing in legal expertise when appropriate.
- Develop strong business relationships, working closely with your category customer/client partners and project management teams to achieve objectives.
- You bring knowledge of and apply, top of the class sourcing and supplier management processes and techniques, including supplier selection and evaluation, contract negotiation and supplier performance management, price inflation management, metrics deployment, etc.
Strong Commercial experience, shown by leading strategic procurement projects, preferably in multi-site and/or multi-region organisations. Followed by a track record of delivering in cross-cultural, cross-functional environments.
Experience with Property, Facilities Management or Corporate Services categories including sub-categories, such as: Professional and Consulting Services (Management Consulting and Advisory, strategy, business), Technology Consulting Services, Marketing Services or similar is required. Expected experience
- Your experience in change management and business process improvement is strong.
- Self-motivated, taking initiative, an effective organiser, and flexible thinker is how you would describe yourself. Owning good verbal and written presentation skills as well as being analytical.
- Proud of your relationship building and communication skills. You enjoy working with internal customers/ clients in a service provider relationship.
- You are an advanced level user in Excel and have knowledge and use of eProcurement and e-Sourcing methodologies and tools.
- Experience in an engineering-led sector could be beneficial, as would working within a science-led environment.
- A relevant Degree And/OR CIPS qualifications are useful but not essential.
With interviews due to start shortly, interested Candidates need to apply now and should expect initial feedback on their application within 72 hours.
Jenrick Commercial is acting as an Employment Business in recruiting for this position.