Within this successful international Aviation Communications giant, the Channel Partner Manager will be responsible for managing one of the company’s Premier VAR Partnerships plus a number of smaller VAR/DP accounts, with the focus of the role to be an effective liaison, leading your allocated partners towards commercial activities which stimulate revenue and results in greater market share of the aviation communications services business around the globe.
With demonstrable abilities to forge an influential relationship with your allocated VAR partners, you will be able to respond professionally and creatively to issues and requests from the partners, providing a proactive approach to enable the Partners to promote new solutions, capabilities and value propositions.
Consulting with the wider aviation and corporate teams on wholesale pricing, billing and service topics – you will ensure that revenues across the various aviation channels are consistently managed. You will collaborate with ABU product, commercial and technical colleagues in the team to drive growth from new services and applications. Key Responsibilities:
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Manage and develop the relationship with a number of allocated VAR and other channel partners, to achieve Aviation and corporate business objectives
- Grow revenue and profitability of existing channel accounts within the framework of agreed contracts
- Identify and address business growth opportunities
- With support from contracts and legal, periodically review contracts with resellers and distributors to ensure long-term revenue potential and optimum margin/revenues
- Lead development of pricing initiatives which support growth from concept to implementation
- Maintain the Salesforce records regarding partner pipeline and sales targets; Assist partners to develop and present compelling commercial propositions for target airlines; develop terms, conditions and pricing of supporting bids to achieve the growth objectives
- Assist partners in the management contracts with commercial aviation customers; work alongside them to propose contract and pricing amendments that capitalise on opportunities and strengthen the organisations position in the market; utilise internal resources and expertise such as technical and marcomms resources to facilitate Partners commercial success.
- Monitor performance of partner portfolio; lead remedial strategies where necessary
- In conjunction with technical marketing, promote the services, applications and general value proposition to Value Added Resellers / Distribution Partners
- Own the partner relationships; be the first point of escalation for service/operational issues, and coordinate quick resolution and ongoing process improvement
- Proactively manage all accounts in behaviours which lead to trusted relationships and market growth
- Degree educated or with equivalent experience
- Experience in Technical or Technology Account / Partner or Channel Management is required, with an emphasis on continual contract and pricing review and negotiation as a means to growing accounts
- Good knowledge & experience in one or more of the following is highly beneficial:
- Communications services for aircraft
- Cabin connectivity
- Inflight entertainment
- Business jet operators
- Aircraft OEMs
- Proven ability to grow business through indirect route to market in services and applications sector (telecommunications/connectivity/IT)
- Solid commercial understanding and versatility
- Confident, independent individual
As an urgent role, interested Candidates who can start in January 2018 should apply immediately and should expect feedback on their application within 72 hours.