Business Technology Partner - Interfacing from the business into the IT Function.
As the business representative facing into the internal IT function, the Business Technology Partner will play a proactive role in ensuring the Customer Services, Transformation & Risk functions within this major Financial Services organisation, have the most effective IT Tools, Systems & Technologies available to deliver their customers with an exceptional service.
Through understanding of challenges & issues within the business that could be improved through technology upgrades, migration to, or deployment of modern IT Infrastructure, Systems, Platforms or Tools, the Business Technology Partner will work with IT to develop & prioritorise the future technology roadmap, understanding from the business perspective, the “Why” & not just the “What” !!
The Business Technology Partner will provide:
- The ability to quickly build gravitas & credibility with both the business & IT functions.
- Experience of being the Trusted Business Technology Adviser to a business unit, COO or management team.
- A record of successful improvements to business performance through your recommended improvements/upgrades or deployment of new IT Systems, Platforms, Infrastructure, Applications, Tools or similar technologies.
- Ability to act as the Ambassador for the Business into the Technology teams, promoting it’s vision, values, services & capabilities
- A proactive approach, working with the business leaders to ensure Technologies aligns with business priorities and that the technology roadmap & plan is agreed & communicated effectively with the IT function.
- Strong influencing skills and a record of building strong & effective relationships
Suitable candidates will need a broad overview of modern IT technologies & capabilities
Excellent people skills with the ability to engage with senior Stakeholders, understand business challenges and translate that, in conjunction with the IT function, into Technology solutions that improve business efficiency & performance.
To act as ‘Intelligent Customer’ helping to define service levels and manage expectations for technology capability, enhancing the capability for supplier management.
To own the IT strategy on behalf of the business, ensuring that it has the IT systems & controls, operations, data and analytics in place to meet its growth agenda
Ability to recommend new and innovative technology solutions that will deliver tangible and / or qualitative benefits to the business Skills / Experience
A Degree level education or equivalent experience in technology / business related disciplines is useful. An MBA is desirable but not essential.
Knowledge of the Financial Services, Pensions, Retail or Customer Services industries would be beneficial.
An in-depth understanding of technology and digital market and trends
Experience of managing and delivering technology enabled digital innovation in retail financial services and/or customer services operations would be desirable
Excellent problem solving, analytical and financial skills with a proven background in adapting trends with openness to new ideas
Strong organisational and change management skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage a broad technology remit across many different areas.
Excellent understanding of technology and its use in delivering pragmatic, cost effective business solutions
Effective transformation of business divisions to deliver cultural and business outcomes, including digital first strategies
Interested Candidates who are seeking an interesting & challenging role with a superb Employer should apply now and can expect initial feedback on their application within 72 hours.